Monday, November 05, 2007

My first post

Well, I will finally breakout and write something. I feel pressure to make it witty or thought provoking...though I know it won't be.

I've been thinking lately how much I am missing my time in the river. I've surfed a bit lately, but I haven't fished the Fall yet. I'm sure the big browns are there, especially in the Owens. Too busy. Busy-ness seems to jack things up. But, the trees are changing colors and the river keeps moving.

If anyone reads this, you probably don't fish. But, there's nothing quite like tempting a fish to the surface with a bit of deer hair tied to look like a bug. Seeing it rush onto the fly like it was starving. Feeling the bang on the rod. Trying not to freak as you set the hook.

Then the chase is on....

Hopefully, I can get up to the mountains soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you go take me... I have never fly fished but I'd love to learn. The Owens is amazing.